Research Associate, Biochemistry – South San Francisco
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate, Biochemistry, in our growing Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a variety of novel binding and enzymatic assays to drive the drug discovery pipeline by conducting compound screening, lead identification and mechanism of action studies. The candidate is expected to have demonstrated lab experience in Biochemistry in an industrial or academic setting.
As a member of a cross-disciplinary team of scientists, the successful candidate will contribute to advancement of projects and will be interacting with project teams routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments. This position is located in South San Francisco.
- Design, develop and execute standard and novel biochemical assays for lead identification, optimization, and characterization with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure generation of accurate and high-quality data.
- Analyze data and provide updates to project teams and stakeholders while meeting strict timelines and goals.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell Physiology, Molecular Physiology, Biology or related field.
- Experience with protein interactions and enzyme assays.
- Experience in developing solution-based biochemical assays such as fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, FRET, TR-FRET/HTRF, and AlphaScreen highly desirable.
- Experience with biophysical techniques such as SPR, BLI, ITC, and Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF and nanoDSF) a plus.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and automation for medium throughput screening.
- Excellent bench skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.