Help Desk Technician I - Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated Help Desk Technician I to be part of the Information Technology Help Desk team that provides onsite IT support.
- Provide a varying range of (Tier 1-n) phone and face-to-face support, identifying root cause with solutions to problems.
- Diagnose hardware, software, printing and network connectivity issues for a Microsoft Windows environment and MacOS.
- Build, deploy and support laptops, MACs, and desktops when requested using imaging solution.
- Responsible for prioritizing, identifying, entering, tracking and escalating Help Desk incidents and service requests.
- Analyze and resolve issues by using all technical resources available.
- Assist with new tasks and projects as required.
- Ability to transcribe customer requests and issues during a phone conversation.
- Capture all incoming data in ticketing system.
- Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service.
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Keep record of problems and their resolution.
- Follow-up with customers.
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting.
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing customer service.
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing end-user support.
- Minimum of 1 year experience supporting desktop, laptops, printers and other IT related hardware.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows environments.
- Experience supporting Office 365 products such as Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Must have hardware and software troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred or any other Information Technology certification.
- Microsoft Desktop Certifications a plus.