Head of Alliance Management - South San Francisco or Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in Boston, MA and South San Francisco, CA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a proprietary discovery and development platform to develop medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying groundbreaking scientific approaches in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop medicines, starting with anti-cancer therapies. Frontier has prioritized a set of high-impact targets in the development of our pipeline. These programs embody our vision of developing precision medicines against important oncology targets that could bring meaningful benefit to patients.
About the Role
Are you a skilled communicator who excels in relationship building and believes a team is the most valuable asset?
Do you create trust and goodwill in every relationship and have an affinity for coaching teams?
Is your superhero strength the ability to leverage partner differences to create value?
Frontier Medicines is seeking an influential leader of Alliance Management, working from either of our R&D locations, to drive best in class approaches to maximize the value and performance from our global strategic alliances. The candidate will have an impactful role, with a priority focus on ensuring success of our collaborative projects and healthy partner relations. This exciting opportunity to join a highly collaborative company, is supported by a non-heirarchial, diverse team of talented and experienced leaders who embrace R&D as a team sport and serve as stewards to make a difference in patients’ lives.
- Ensure successful alliance launch and ongoing partner management to enable the highest level of team performance
- Lead, develop and inspire teams to maximize productivity and collaborative impact
- Establish and implement alliance management tools to foster team engagement, communication, mentorship and overall performance
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to enable partnerships to deliver timely and clear decision-making, achieve business and scientific objectives, and proactively identify and resolve arising issues or conflicts
- Serve as primary point of contact and trusted peer for partner outreach
- Evaluate and resolve any business issues in an equitable and timely manner, helping to ensure the overall value and the spirit of each alliance agreement is kept intact
- Monitor the general state of progress, operational health, and effectiveness of collaborations including contractual obligations
- Sets partnership direction to meet future business needs and drive continual value; steward and facilitate any redirection of strategic goals with creative approaches
- Serve as a thought leader, liaise with and provide counsel to senior executives and various functional area stakeholders on best practices to alliance management and risk mitigation
- Manage key stakeholders communications and relationships across all levels of the organization
- Establish, maintain and grow trusted external networks within industry
- B.A / B.S. degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA , PhD)
- 10 years of life sciences (Pharma and/or biotech) industry experience required
- Hands-on proven expertise in Alliance Management, including managing complex collaboration and serving as a member of steering or governance committees
- At least 5 years of people management experience required
- Broad and deep experience of managing and navigating complex agreements and successful conflict resolution is essential
- Proven understanding of R&D with experience effectively navigating across a cross-functional matrix
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proven project management, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Robust organizational skills, ability to effectively manage multiple activities and priorities
- A clear leader in interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication
- Superhero ability to build and leverage trusted relationships with influence
- Integrity and commitment to high ethical standards
- Ability to engage credibly with internal and external stakeholders around R&D, business and legal topics
- Strong people management skills